You had a great time at your writing retreat. You came away refreshed, renewed, motivated, and inspired.
You even set intentional goals—write so many words a day, start waking up early and join the #5amwriters club.
Then life, as it so often does, derails your plans.
Here are a few tips from writing retreat hosts on how to keep the momentum from attending a writing retreat going:
- Block time in your calendar and preserve it as sacred time.
- Join virtual or in person writing groups and attend their writing sessions.
- Take your own mini writing retreat either at your house or at a nearby hotel or AirBnb.
- Find a writing accountability partner.
- Create goals and stick to them.
What would you add to this list to keep momentum going after attending a writing retreat?