In this episode I talked with Dr. Andrea Silva McManus about the traumatic events that led her to attend a writing retreat. Attending a Birth A Book writng retreat helped her organize her thoughts and ideas into a book that allowed her to tell her story, her way.
Follow or subscribe to Your Writing Retreat Connection on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts. Note that episodes are usually on Apple and Spotify right away, but take awhile to populate on Google.
What I love most, though, is her book will be the catalyst to help so many others who have gone through similar experiences as Andrea has, as well as give her a new career focused on recovery counseling.
She's planning to publish her book, Body Hate: Overcoming Obesity, Eating Disorders, and Alcoholism After Weight Loss Surgery, some time in the next few months.
- Andrea Silva McManus on Facebook
- Andrea Silva McManus on Instagram
- The quote from Rainer Maria Rilke "live your way into the answers," can be found on many sites. I chose to share this one: From Letter to a Young Poet
- Mariana den Hollander Miranda's author page for The Heaviest Weight and The Heaviest Surgery.
- Birth A Book Writing Retreats
Have you checked out the Writing Retreat Directory yet?
If you're a writer who's looking for a writing retreat to attend, or a writing retreat host who wants to get their writing retreat in front of more writers, click the Find a Retreat or Promote Your Retreat menu links to find writing retreats from around the world and be able to choose a plan to list your own writing retreat.
Get the latest information about promoting, planning, or finding a writing retreat.
- Writing Retreat Hosts Community Facebook Group (for current and aspiring writing retreat hosts)
- On Instagram @writingretreatdirectory
- On Facebook @writingretreatdirectory
- On LinkedIn @writingretreatdirectory
If you enjoyed the show, please click the plus or follow button in your podcast player so you can get notified of new episodes that come out every Tuesday. Thanks and have a great week!