In this Bonus episode, I share the three things you need to build your audience with an email list so you can communicate directly with them about your writing retreat and other offers.
Follow or subscribe to Your Writing Retreat Connection on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts. Note that episodes are usually on Apple and Spotify right away, but take awhile to populate on Google.
I've been in the online business world for over a decade and know from my and others' experiences that an email list is the best way to grow, nurture, and communicate with your audience. Here's why:
- Someone who's opted in to get your emails is actively seeking the information your provide.
- Social media posts aren't guaranteed to be seen. A lot of likes and shares doesn't mean it's being seen by the people you're trying to attract.
- Email allows you to get all the information in one place, making it easier for people to find it later.
- You own and control your email list. With social media you're at the mercy of algotrithms and corporate decisions. Your hundreds or thousands of followers could go away in an instant.
In this episode I share how to get started buidling an email list, from finding an email service provider to creating a form to collecting email addresses, and finish with ideas for creating your lead magnet.
- Planning A Writing Retreat Checklists for Phase 1, Preparation
- Episode 6 which covered Phase 1, Mindset and Prep Work
- Facebook Group
You can check these out to see if they're a good fit or investigate Email List Building programs on your own to find one that appeals to you and your current needs.
- Liz Wilcox's List Building Training (aff link)
- Liz Wilcox's Email Marketing Membership (aff link)
- Amy Porterfield's List Builders Society (not aff link)
- Jenna Kutcher's List to Launch Lab (not aff link)
- Gemma Bonham-Carter's Build Your List Bootcamp (not aff link)
Have you checked out the Writing Retreat Directory yet?
If you're a writer who's looking for a writing retreat to attend, or a writing retreat host who wants to get their writing retreat in front of more writers, click the Find a Retreat or Promote Your Retreat menu links to find writing retreats from around the world and be able to choose a plan to list your own writing retreat.
Get the latest information about promoting, planning, or finding a writing retreat.
- Writing Retreat Hosts Community Facebook Group (for current and aspiring writing retreat hosts)
- On Instagram @writingretreatdirectory
- On Facebook @writingretreatdirectory
- On LinkedIn @writingretreatdirectory
If you enjoyed the show, please click the plus or follow button in your podcast player so you can get notified of new episodes that come out every Tuesday. Thanks and have a great week!